Monday, June 22, 2009

A lovely day for a walk

I took my first Find A Grave photos today.  It was a lovely day for a walk out-of-doors.  


About 4 miles away from my home is the Holy Cross Cemetery, operated by the Catholic Diocese of Phoenix.  There were 4 requests from 2 different Find A Grave members and I can't say enough about how great the office staff at the cemetery are.  Reading the posts about difficulties experienced at one of the other Phoenix area cemeteries had given me a moment's pause, but this was truly a labor of love.

I can't encourage enough anyone who might be thinking that they can't do this, as I did for a moment or two.  It was a wonderful experience.

I'll make one last comment: the cemetery has a lovely pond with a mating pair of swans (Abraham & Sara -- according to the sign).  I was able to take a picture of Sara & her unnamed cygnet.  Any day with new bird photos has got to be a good day!


No comments:

Post a Comment